Architectural History Minute
Lehigh Valley Railroad Depot
Built: 1898, Designed: A.B. Wood
“The Ithaca depot was constructed….. in 1898 by local Ithaca architect A.B. Wood. The yellow pressed brick station was done in a Colonial Revival motif and has Romanesque style arches incorporated into it. With a status as an important passenger station, the railroad furnished the station with a high quality interior, much of which is still intact today. Ithaca was so important to the railroad that in addition to the station, it also had a downtown ticket office at State and Aurora Streets……”
Read the rest of the story here: http://www.thehistorycenter.net/thc_8square/index.php
Also read about the Ithaca Railroad Rush; http://home.roadrunner.com/~nrw/history/railways.html
See this presentation board from the adaptive reuse project by Streeter and Associates, http://streeterassociates.com/images/MarketSectors/financial/financial-cctc-station.png
The Station as a restaurant in 1998
HOLT Architects, P.C.
217 N. Aurora St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
phone 607 273-7600 Ext. 151
fax 607 273-0475